Remote Access on Windows 10
Windows 10 is being installed on more and more home computers, upgrading them from Window 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
With this new operating system comes Microsoft's newest browser - Edge - which is causing a few problems for users wanting to access our Remote Access system. Thankfully, there are a couple of workarounds to this problems which have been tested:
- Compatibility View - As with Internet Explorer, Edge comes with settings forcing the browser to be compatible with the website you're viewing.
- Click on the cog symbol in Edge and choose the Compatibility View settings from the menu.
- In the Add box, type http://remote.saintpetershigh.wigan.sch.uk/rdweb - click Add then click OK
- The remote access page should work as normal for you.
- Internet Explorer - Another alternative is to use Internet Explorer as you always have done. Windows 10, although setting Edge as the default browser, still has Internet Explorer installed. You can find it in the Start Menu and use remote access as normal.
Microsoft have resolved the issue with Edge compatibility in future updates which are currently not available to the public.