Asking For Contributions From Parents To School

We may from time-to-time, ask for payments and/or voluntary contributions towards the school or school activities. If an activity cannot be funded without voluntary contributions, we will make this clear to parents at the outset. We will also make it clear that there is no obligation for parents to make a contribution, and notify parents if assistance is available.

No child will be excluded from an activity simply because their parents are unwilling or unable to pay. If a parent is unwilling or unable to pay, their child will still be given an equal opportunity to take part in the activity. If insufficient voluntary contributions are raised to fund an activity, and the school cannot fund it via another source, the activity will be cancelled.


Assistance For Families on Low Incomes

We will strive to ensure that parents do not feel pressurised into making voluntary contributions. Cases of financial hardship will be treated discreetly and sympathetically. We have set aside a small fund to enable families in financial difficulty to send their children on visits/activities. The funding is limited and there is no guarantee that all requests can be met. Assistance will be allocated on a needs basis, and if the full cost of the trip/activity cannot be met through assistance funding and voluntary contributions, the trip/activity will be cancelled.

Parents in receipt of any of the following benefits may request assistance with the costs of activities: (proof of benefit must be provided before assistance is granted):

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided that they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and they have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit run on – paid for four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
  • Universal Credit – if they apply on or after 1 April 2018, their household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits they receive)

To request assistance, parents should contact the Finance Office by telephoning 01942 747693, ext. 309 or alternatively send an email to:


How To Make a Contribution to School

We offer parents the facility to make payments and voluntary contributions for activities via a secure internet payment system called SCOPAY provided by Tucasi. Payment by this system includes parental consent for the pupil to attend the trip/activity and alleviates the need to return a hard copy permission slip. Receipts are also issued by email. When making payments and contributions to school, parents are encouraged to use this online payments facility because:

  • It is quick and easy to use.
  • Payments can be made at any time (even when the school is closed) and balances viewed 24/7.
  • You will have access to your own private account history at any time.
  • There is no more searching for cash.
  • It reduces the risk of cash and cheques being lost or stolen.
  • All major credit/debit cards are accepted.

For further assistance in setting up your account, please contact the School’s Finance Office on 01942 747693 ext. 309. Alternatively the School’s Cash Office (where we collect monies from pupils) will be open on Mondays and Wednesdays only between 8.30am and 9.00am and between 10.55am and 11.10am. The Cash Office will be closed at all other times and payments will not be accepted on any other days. This does not affect pupils bringing cash into school and using the pay loaders to top up their food accounts. Cheques should be made payable to ‘St Peter’s Catholic High School’.

EduLink ONEOnline PaymentsParentViewReviseNOW!Report Harmful Content