Welcome to the Learning Resource Centre
St Peter’s LRC aims to promote a spirit of enquiry and to encourage the development of pro-active independent learners who can confidently access all materials to support their learning.
Everyone in the school community is welcome to use the facilities in the LRC. The LRC is zoned for different types of use. There is a silent study area, low level discussion study area, an attractive browsing corner for informal discussion and an ICT suite.
The Learning Resource Centre aims to:
- Provide up-to-date resources that are relevant to pupils and staff using a range of different media
- Cater for all ability levels in the provision of fiction titles for pupils to borrow
- Encourage reading for pleasure and hold a book fair to promote such reading
- Engage author/poet visits to highlight events such as National Poetry Day and World Book Day
- Provide a daily newspaper, a weekly children’s newspaper and magazines.
The ICT suite comprises thirty-two PCs linked to the school network and provide security protected Internet access, along with a projector and whiteboard. A plasma screen television and DVD player are all available for use.
The LRC is centrally located within school and is available for use by individuals, small groups and whole classes. All year groups are welcome at break, lunch time and after school until 4.30pm each day. Pupils staying after 3:20pm require a note in their journal giving parental/guardian permission.
The LRC hosts several clubs throughout the week including Social Club, Boardgame Club, Jigsaw Club and Homework Club.
Mrs M Corley (LRC Manager / Teacher of Literacy)